There are classes for groups and companies/offices with several beginning level Japanese speakers.
Please ask us for details.
App Usage Fee
利用規約 TERMS OF SERVICE
These terms of service (hereafter “Terms”) stipulate the terms and conditions of the service (hereafter “Service”) that Kyoto City International Foundation (hereafter “Foundation”) provides on this website. Registered users (hereafter “Users”) who use the Service must conform to these Terms.
Article 1 (Application)
- 1. These Terms apply to the entire relationship between the Foundation and Users regarding the usage of this service.
- 2. The Foundation may establish rules and provisions other than these Terms (hereafter “Individual Rule”) regarding the Service. Individual Rules compose part of the Terms regardless of the name.
- 3. When rules in the Terms contradict the above Individual Rule, the latter takes priority unless otherwise provided for in the rule.
Article 2 (Registration of Usage)
- 4. Registration for the Service is completed after the person wanting to register agrees with these Terms and registers in the manner set up by Foundation.
5. The Foundation may not approve the registration for any one of the following reasons. The Foundation bears no obligation to disclose the reason for disapproval.
- The application for the registration of usage contains false information.
- The applicant has violated Terms before.
- The Foundation has determined the application is not valid for other reasons.
Article 3 (Management of User ID and Password)
- 6. It is the responsibility of the Users of the Service to properly manage their User ID and Passwords.
- 7. Under no circumstances may Users transfer, lease, or share their User ID and Password with any third party. When a user of the service login with the User ID and matching Password, the Foundation considers the person registered under that User ID to be using the service.
- 8. The Foundation bears no liability when any damage caused by the usage of a User ID or Password by a third party arise, except in a case when the Foundation has an intentional and/or serious fault.
Article 4 (Fee and Payment Method)
- 9. Users of the Service pay the fee in exchange for the service provided, which is separately set by the Foundation and is shown on the website, in a way designated by the Foundation.
- 10. When a User of the service delays payment for usage, the user will be removed from the registration list.
Article 5 (Prohibitions)
- 11. Users cannot conduct the following acts when they use the Service.
- Violation of laws and public policy.
- Acts related to criminal violations.
- Acts that infringe upon the copyright, trademark, and intellectual property rights included in the Service.
- An act that destroys or interrupts the servers or network function of the Foundation, other users, or other third parties.
- Acts of commercially using information obtained by the Service.
- Acts that can interrupt the operation of the service by the Foundation.
- Acts or attempts of unauthorized access.
- Acts of collecting and/or saving other users’ personal information.
- Acts of using the Service for unjust purposes.
- Acts that cause disadvantages, damage and/or discomfort to other users of the Service or other third parties.
- Acts of impersonating other users.
- Acts of advertising, invitations, or sales on the Service which the Foundation has not grant the right to do so.
- Acts with the purpose of meeting unknown members of the opposite sex.
- Acts of profit-sharing directly or indirectly with antisocial organizations in matters related to the Foundation’s services.
- Other acts that the Foundation deems inappropriate.
Article 6 (Discontinuance of Service Provision)
12. The Foundation can halt or discontinue all or part of Service when it determines that any of the following conditions exist, without informing Users ahead of time.
- When conducting maintenance or updating a computer system involved in Service.
- When provisions of Service becomes difficult due to unforeseen forces, including earthquakes, lightning strikes, fires, and electric power outages.
- When a computer or communications line comes stops due to an accident.
- When the Foundation determines it to be too difficult to provide Service under the conditions other than the above.
- 13. The Foundation assumes no responsibility for any disadvantages or damage that Users or a third person receive due to halting or discontinuance of Service.
Article 7 (Restriction of Usage and Deregistration)
14. The Foundation can restrict all or part of Service to Users without notifying them ahead of time if any of the following conditions exist and deregister such Users from Service.
- When Users commit a breach of any of the Terms.
- When it becomes apparent that registered matters include false information.
- When payment obligations are not met.
- When Users do not respond to correspondence from the Foundation for a certain period.
- When there is no usage of Service for a certain period since the last time a User logged in.
- When the Foundation determines the User inappropriately uses the Service for reasons other than above.
- 15. The Foundation assumes no responsibility to any disadvantages or damage Users receive due to an act the Foundation conducts based on this Article.
Article 8 (Withdrawal from Membership)
- 16. Users can withdraw from the membership of Service after following the procedures set up by the Foundation.
Article 9 (Disclaimer of Warranties and Disclaimers)
- 17. The Foundation does not guarantee non-existence of effective or legal fault (including safety, reliability, accuracy, competence, effectiveness, conformability to certain purposes, defects related to security, errors and bugs, and injuries) to the Service either explicitly or implicitly.
- 18. The Foundation does not assume any responsibility for damage resulting from Service. However, this exemption does not apply when the agreement (including these Terms) between the Foundation and Users becomes a consumer contract stipulated in the consumer contract law.
- 19. Even in case an incident applies to the provision in the preceding paragraph, the Foundation does not assume any responsibility for damages on Users caused by specific condition in cases of default or illegal acts (including cases that the Foundation or Users did or could foresee occurrence of damage) due to the Foundation’s fault (except gross negligence). The maximum compensation for damages to Users caused by a default or an illegal act due to the Foundation’s fault (except gross negligence) is the fee the Foundation received for the month that said damage occurred.
- 20. The Foundation does not assume any responsibility for transactions, communications, or disputes between Users or Users and a third party regarding Service.
Article 10 (Change of Service content)
- 21. The Foundation can change the contents of the Service or stop providing Service without notifying Users. The Foundation does not assume any responsibility for damages to Users caused by such changes or stoppages.
Article 11 (Changes in the Rules on Use)
- 22. The Foundation can change the Terms any time without notifying Users when it determines such a change is necessary. When Users start using this service after such a Terms change, they are deemed to have consented to the Terms change.
Article 12 (Handling of Personal Information)
Article 13 (Notification or communication)
- 24. Notification or communication between Users and the Foundation is conducted in the manner specified by the Foundation. The Foundation notifies or communicates with the contacts Users have registered assuming the information is valid unless the Users make a notification of change based on the method separately prescribed by the Foundation. Such correspondence is deemed to have reached Users at the time it is sent out.
Article 14 (Prohibition of the transfer of rights and duties)
- 25. Users cannot transfer or provide as collateral the contractual status or rights and duties based on the Terms to a third party without prior written consent by the Foundation.
Article 15 (Governing law/judicial district)
- 26. These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Japan.
- 27. In the event of a dispute with respect to the Service, a court having jurisdiction over the main address of the Foundation shall be subject to exclusive agreement jurisdiction.